Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sorry for the radio silence....

  During my spring break I picked up an urgent care visit and a new (additional) diagnosis- dysautonomia. 
 I spent some time mourning, obsessively googling ways to save my spoons, and finally I've come to a new ease with  and acceptance of  my body. I was struggling with my illness before it laid me flat on monday. More and more, I feel that anything that's with me for life-my red hair, my belly, this syndrome that never fails to puzzle the doctors and throw me for a loop, I have to accept. Embrace. Welcome it, offer it a warm blanket and a cuppa tea. I can't sit at opposite ends of the ring with my illness, not if we're going to work together through life, school, and my relationship. So I've started up a wishlist of things to make my life easier for when I have the money for them, and some coping stuff to make the things I have to do easier on my body.

 Please know that any reaching out you do is really appreciated, even if I don't have the energy to respond right away. Hope all of you are doing good.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, thank you for sharing the 'Spoon Theory'. My best friend has had severe rheumatoid arthritis since age 8 and we've had many conversations...I've been that friend that 'got it but didn't really get it'. This helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it helped! We spoonies need all the help we can get, fer sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry hun. I am getting quite pissed at the universe these last two weeks...gonna post about it, but shit! We don't need any more problems, universe!!! *hugs* if you need to talk, you know how to find me. <3

    ReplyDelete